Clematis 'Jackmanii Superba'
clematis (group 3)
- within 2 weeks
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large rich dark purple flowers, with either 4, 5 or 6 petals clothe this popular and reliable late-flowering clematis. The abundant blooms appear from mid- to late summer and look fantastic when grown up a trellis or wall. It is also a good clematis to grow through shrubs or trees as it is pruned right back and so never becomes too much of a burden on the supporting plant.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.