Clematis 'Jackmanii Superba'
clematis (group 3)
- in stock
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large rich dark purple flowers, with either 4, 5 or 6 petals clothe this popular and reliable late-flowering clematis. The abundant blooms appear from mid- to late summer and look fantastic when grown up a trellis or wall. It is also a good clematis to grow through shrubs or trees as it is pruned right back and so never becomes too much of a burden on the supporting plant.
- Garden care: Cut back stems to a pair of strong buds 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground level before growth begins in early spring. Mulch in late winter with garden compost or well-rotted manure but avoid the immediate crown.