clematis (group 1)
- in stock
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Spectacular, semi-double creamy pink flowers with salmon-pink centres in May and June and bronze-tinted foliage. This vigorous, early flowering clematis is perfect for training over a pergola or garden arch. Suitable for a north-facing site, the colour of the flowers is best in full sun.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.