Clematis 'Miss Bateman'
clematis (group 2)
- available to order from autumn
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard FREE (orders over £50), or £3.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June and August to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Elegant, white, early summer flowers, initially striped green, with contrasting chocolate-red centres and mid-green leaves. This compact, large-flowered clematis is excellent for growing in a large container or through a shrub or tree. Coping well in full sun or partial shade, it produces a second flush of satiny flowers from August to September.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.