Clematis 'My Angel' (PBR)
clematis (group 3)
- sold out
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The small, nodding flowers of this tangutica group clematis appear in abundance from midsummer and are followed by fluffy seedheads, which remain attractive for some time. The flowers form on burgundy stems, and each is distinctly bicoloured, with a burgundy-flushed yellow interior and a burgundy-red outer. To top it off, each petal has a fine lemon edge, and they all surround a prominent boss of yellow stamens. All in all, it's a late summer gem.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.