Clematis 'Princess Charlotte'
clematis (group 2)
- available to order from autumn
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June then again possibly in September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This beautiful new Clematis has only just been introduced, but already it is starting to turn heads. A sport of '', it has a double flowerheads made up of relatively slender, pointed-tipped sepals, each with a green base surrounding a boss of burgundy-red anthers. These are produced in abundance throughout the summer and their colouring is sublime - mixing particularly well with dark purple and plum. relatively compact, it will also grow well in a large patio pot.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.