Clematis 'Princess Diana'
clematis (group 3)
- available to order from spring 2021
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Striking, bright pink, trumpet-shaped flowers with prominent, creamy-yellow centres from August to October and mid-green leaves. This late-flowering clematis looks lovely scrambling through a climbing rose or tree in full sun or semi-shade. The unusual, tulip-like flowers associate well with many medium-sized garden shrubs.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.