Clematis 'Rhapsody' (B. Fretwell)
clematis (group 2)
(shipped in 2-3 working days)
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Next / named day
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The violet-blue colouring of the star-shaped flowers, coupled with their light perfume, make this a stand-out addition to the summer garden. An easy and reliable climber, it blooms prolifically, and it looks wonderful when clambering over an arch or obelisk.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.