Clematis 'Royal Wedding'
clematis (group 2)
- in stock
(shipped within 5 days)
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Next / named day
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June and September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This new clematis has been launched to commemorate the wedding of Prince Harry to Meghan Markle on Saturday, 19 May. It will start to flower every year in May as a reminder of the wedding and flower through to the early autumn.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.