Clematis 'Special Occasion'
clematis (group 2)
- available to order from autumn
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This compact, large-flowered clematis produces a profusion of exquisite pale-pink flowers with deep reddish-brown centres from June to August. Ideal for a large container or for growing through a strong shrub or tree, it thrives in full sun or partial shade.
- Garden care: Remove dead and damaged stems before growth begins in early spring, cutting all remaining stems back to where strong buds are visible. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring