Eventual height & spread
Clematis 'Star' (PBR)
clematis (group 1) ( syn. Clematis montana Primrose Star )
(shipped in 5-7 working days)
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Next / named day
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A beautiful addition to the late spring and early summer garden, this clematis produces masses of semi-double, very pale, lemon-coloured flowers that sit against a backdrop of rich green foliage. This fast-growing montana clematis is relatively compact, but in the right conditions, it will cover a wall or fence in record time. Remember to support the plant well as it grows, as the foliage can get very dense.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread of the plant needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.