Clematis 'Sugar Sweet' (PBR)
clematis (group 1)
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Next / named day
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April and May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This gorgeous new clematis made it's debut at the Chelsea Flower Show in 2018, and it immediately became very sought after. It's purple-blue, star-shaped flowers appear freely from mid- to late spring, and they have a rich almond-like scent, which is at it's best in the evening. A superb introduction, it should be planted near a walkway or entrance, so you can take in the scent each time you pass.
- Garden care: No routine pruning is necessary. If the spread of the plant needs to be restricted prune immediately after flowering, cutting back overlong shoots to healthy buds. Apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the base of the plant in early spring.