Clematis 'Taiga' (PBR)
clematis (group 3)
- in stock
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
The flowers on this late-flowering clematis are incredibly showy, varying in shape and colour throughout the season, from deep purple-blue double flowers with greeninsh cream 'painted' tips, to rich purple singles with an inner frills and cream centres, or amazing star-shaped flowers. These flowers appear in abundance in midsummer, and usually continue well into autumn. It's relatively compact, so is ideal for larger pots that have been topped with an obelisk.
Please note that the plant comes in a black plastic pot - not the one in the photographs, which has been potted up with a more mature plant.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.