Clematis Tekla ('Evipo069') (PBR)
clematis (group 3)
- available to order from spring 2020
- 2 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £4.95
This climber is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large magenta-red blooms appear for several months from midsummer on this newly available compact climber. Perfectly suited to large pots, it will put on a dazzling show on the patio or when placed beside an entranceway. Alternatively plant it out in the border and let it clamber over a nearby shrub - preferably one that flowers in spring or autumn so you get a prolonged period of interest.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground-level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.