Eventual height & spread
Clematis 'Étoile Violette'
clematis (group 3) (syn. Clematis Etoile Violette)
(shipped in 2-4 working days)
- 3 lt pot (60cm cane)
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained, neutral soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This vigorous, late summer-flowering viticella clematis produces a profusion of deep purple flowers with creamy-yellow centres from July to September. Looks stunning scrambling through trees, shrubs and climbing roses. Stands up well to wind and is resistant to clematis wilt.
- Garden care: In early spring cut back the previous year's stems to a pair of strong buds about 15-20cm (6-8in) above ground level and apply a slow-release balanced fertiliser and a mulch of well-rotted garden compost around the plant, avoiding the immediate crown.
- Humans: Skin irritant; Pets: Harmful if eaten