Cleome hassleriana 'Helen Campbell'
spider flower 'Helen Campbell'
- in stock
- approx 250 seeds
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £7.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: preferably a light, sandy soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to October
- Hardiness: half-hardy annual
Spiral sprays of scented, pure white summer flowers held above clumps of palm-shaped, fresh green leaves. This elegant, pure white, spider flower is perfect towards the back of a sunny, well-drained border.
Winner of an Royal Horticultural Society, Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Garden care:For early flowers, sow under glass in late winter or spring. Plant seeds approximately 1cm deep in a seed tray containing good compost and keep warm. When large enough to handle, pot on and harden off before planting outside. Alternatively sow thinly outside in a sunny bed after all risk of frost has passed. Thin to 45cm as they grow on. Avoid over-watering and dead-head regularly to keep the plants producing more flowers. Protect them from strong winds and frosts.
- Sow: February-March
- Flowering: July- October
- Approximate quantity: 250 seeds.