Clerodendrum wallichii 'Prospero'
- available to order from spring 2021
- 17cm pot - 40cm tall
- Position: bright, indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 40cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 18cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
Even when not in bloom, the glossy green leaves of this elegant house plant offer interest. It's when the pendent sprays of creamy white flowers appear however (usually throughout the summer), that this plant really steals the show. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Keep the compost moist (but not waterlogged), but reduce this a little in winter. It's happiest in a bright spot away from direct scorching sunlight, and should be fed with a liquid fertiliser on a monthly basis during the growing season. Mist the leaves with water regularly, and maintain temperatures above 15°C in winter. Repot in spring when the plant becomes root-bound.