Convolvulus tricolor 'Blue Ensign'
morning glory 'Blue Ensign'
- available to order from summer
- approx 100 seeds
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July - October
- Hardiness: Hardy Annual
Spreading and free flowering with delightful tri-coloured blooms. May survive as a short lived perennial in favourable conditions. Great for sunny borders and baskets.
Winner of an Royal Horticultural Society, Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Garden care: Soak the seeds in water for 24 hours before sowing to soften them up and then plant 2.5mm deep into small pots filled with a freely draining compost. Keep them at around 20°C and water when necessary. Thin out carefully when large enough to handle taking care not to damage the roots and harden off before planting out after all frosts.
- Sow: March - May
- Flowering: July - October
- Approximate quantity: 100 seeds.