- available to order from autumn
- 7.5 litre pot
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: July to August
- Hardiness: half hardy
This popular, palm-like tree has arching, lance shaped, light green leaves, retained throughout the year. Mature trees produce dramatic white flower spikes that smell exquisite. It's an ideal focal point plant for a sunny, protected border, patio or for the exotic garden. It is also faster growing than the varieties with coloured foliage. In frost-prone areas it's best grown inside a warm greenhouse or conservatory.
- Garden care: In spring, when new growth appears and all danger of hard frosts has passed, cut back frost-damaged branches to just above the newly formed shoots.