Cordyline obtecta Superstar ('Albatross') (PBR)
- available to order from spring 2021
- 2 litre pot
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: July to August
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need winter protection in colder areas)
This cordyline has broad, deep reddish purple leaves, which initially form a clump, before the plant matures and starts developing an upright woody stem. Its blend of chunky evergreen foliage, rich colour and structural silhouette makes it a great addition to both borders and pots.
- Garden care: In spring when new growth appears and all danger of hard frosts has passed, cut back frost-damaged branches to just above the newly formed shoots.