Cosmos bipinnatus 'Double Click Cranberries' (Double Click Series)
- approx 60 seeds
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- Seed Packets (only) £2.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: half-hardy annual
Gorgeous semi and fully double, rich burgundy flowers up to 7cm (3”) across dance above fern-like, filigree foliage. Excellent at the back of a sunny border, or as a long-lasting cut flower, ‘Double Click Cranberries’ is an upright half-hardy annual whose golden yellow centres are attractive to a myriad of pollinating insects.
- Growing instructions: In early spring, sow shallowly in seed trays and keep under glass, transplanting them into individual pots when large enough to handle. Harden off before planting outside after the frosts. Alternatively, sow in-situ in mid- to late spring in a well-prepared bed and thin the seedlings out as they grow to allow approximately 30cm between each. As the seedlings grow, pinch out the tips to encourage bushier plants. Taller plants may need supporting with brushwood stems in exposed positions.
- Sow: March to May
- Flowering: June to October