Eventual height & spread
Cosmos bipinnatus 'Double Click Rose Bonbon' (Double Click Series)
cosmos (syn. Double Click Rose)
- approx 75 seeds
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- Seed Packets (only) £2.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: half hardy annual
Ruffled petals of pure, pastel pink festoon this exuberant cosmos, foaming below with its characteristic delicate, filigree foliage. ‘Double Click Rose’ may not have the most romantic of cultivar names but you will fall in with the upright, pop-pom-like blooms held on sturdy stems. A half-hardy annual that is as good in a cuttings vase as it is in the summer border.
- Growing instructions: In early spring, sow shallowly in seed trays and keep under glass, transplanting them into individual pots when large enough to handle. Harden off before planting outside after the frosts. Alternatively, sow in-situ in mid-to-late spring in a well-prepared bed and thin the seedlings out as they grow to allow approximately 30cm between each. As the seedlings grow, pinch out the tips to encourage bushier plants. Taller plants may need supporting with brushwood stems in exposed positions.
- Sow: March to May
- Flowering: May to October