Eventual height & spread
Cosmos bipinnatus 'Sensation Pinkie' (Sensation Series)
cosmos 'Sensation Pinkie'
- Available in 4 weeks
- approx 150 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: half hardy annual
Handsome bushy plants with fine lacy foliage, producing large flowers with prominent yellow centres. Lovely planted in groups at the back of a sunny border.
Winner of an Royal Horticultural Society, Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Garden care:In early spring, sow shallowly in seed trays and keep under glass, transplanting them into individual pots when large enough to handle. Harden off before planting outside after the frosts. Alternatively, sow in-situ in mid to late spring in a well-prepared bed and thin the seedlings out as they grow to allow approximately 30cm between each. As the seedlings grow, pinch out the tips to encourage bushier plants. Taller plants may need supporting with brushwood stems in exposed positions.
- Sow: February - May
- Flowering: June - October
- Approximate quantity: 150 seeds.