Cosmos sulphureus 'Bright Lights mixed'
cosmos Bright Lights mixed
- approx 100 seeds
- In stock (shipped within 2-3 working days)
- Seed Packets (only) £2.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: half-hardy annual
A citrusy mix of upright, bushy, half-hardy annuals with divided, fern-like leaves. ‘Bright Lights Mixed’ produces showy, single or semi-double flowers in shades of yellow, light orange, deep orange and red. Perfect for hot borders and a cut flower vase, the bushy, filigree foliage is also a good border and vase filler on its own.
- Growing instructions: In early spring, sow shallowly in seed trays and keep under glass, transplanting them into individual pots when large enough to handle. Harden off before planting outside after the frosts. Alternatively, sow in-situ in mid- to late spring in a well-prepared bed and thin the seedlings out as they grow to allow approximately 30cm between each. As the seedlings grow, pinch out the tips to encourage bushier plants. Taller plants may need supporting with brushwood stems in exposed positions.
- Sow: March to May
- Flowering: June to October