XL Landscaping pack of bulbs
- available to order from summer
- 500 bulbs
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: gritty, poor to moderately-fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March and April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 7/8
Shades of purple, lilac-blue, striped, orange and white make up this lush mix of goblet-shaped flowers that appear in March and April above slender, strap-shaped leaves. These vigorous, large-flowered Dutch crocuses are perfect for naturalising in the lawn or allowing to meander through the front of a sunny, well-drained site. To achieve a naturalistic effect broadcast small handfuls of bulbs, planting them where they fall.
- Garden care: Plant bulbs in naturalistic drifts 10cm (4in) deep in September or October. Where bulbs are planted in grass do not cut the grass until after the leaves have died back.