Crocus 'Ruby Giant' - Organic bulbs
Natural - organic bulbs
- available to order from summer
- 15 organic bulbs
- Standard £4.95
In keeping with our concern for the plight of the bees, this bulb forms part of our organic bulb range. It has been sustainably grown without the use of pesticides (including neonicitinoides), and it comes in a brown paper bag with an informative colour label.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: gritty, poor to moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: February and March
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 5/+
Delightful, deep-purple flowers in February and March and narrow, mid-green leaves. This early spring-flowering crocus is one of the best for naturalising in grass. Larger and more robust than other 'Tommy' varieties, stands up well to winter weather, dying back gracefully after it has flowered.
- Garden care: Plant bulbs in naturalistic drifts 10cm (4in) deep in September or October. Where bulbs are planted in grass do not cut the lawn until after the leaves have died back.