Daphne × transatlantica Eternal Fragrance ('Blafra') (PBR)
- available to order from late spring
- 1.5 litre pot
- Standard £5.95
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: April to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This compact semi-evergreen daphne produces pink-flushed flowers on new growth, which means that the flowers keep on coming throughout spring, summer and autumn. It is a cross between D. caucasica and D. sericea, and is still quite rare. Its highly scented flowers will fill the air with their heady scent, so plant it near an entrance or pathway so you can enjoy it to the full.
- Garden care: Keep pruning to a minimum since the plant is very susceptible to die-back. Where necessary after flowering lightly trim back to remove misplaced branches and maintain a compact habit.
- Humans/Pets: TOXIC if eaten; skin irritant