Daphne × transatlantica Pink Fragrance ('Blapink') (PBR)
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: April to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This is a rare beauty, which we got very excited about when we stumbled across it on a buying trip. It is very similar to 'Eternal Fragrance' but this wonderful semi-evergreen woodlander has pink-flushed flowers. These appear on new wood, so will often keep on coming from spring to autumn. Like its namesake, the flowers are highly scented, so plant it near a pathway, patio or entrance if you can.
- Garden care: Keep pruning to a minimum since the plant is very susceptible to die-back. Where necessary after flowering lightly trim back to remove misplaced branches and maintain a compact habit.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten/skin irritant