- available to order from autumn
- 3 litre pot
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil with a neutral to acidic pH
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A compact, evergreen shrub that forms mounds of leathery, dark green foliage, and in late spring and early summer, clusters of white flowers that have a reddish purple flush on the outside. These form at the tips of the branches, have a delicious scent and are followed by rounded red fruits. It is a wonderful plant to include in a mixed border or woodland garden, ideally close to a path or entrance so you can enjoy the scent of the flowers every time you pass.
- Garden care: Keep pruning to a minimum, but if necessary you can lightly trim it back immediately after flowering. Apply a generous mulch in spring, which will help keep the roots cool.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten/skin irritant