Eventual height & spread
Delphinium 'Centurion Sky Blue' (Centurion Series) F1
delphinium 'Centurion Sky Blue'
- in stock
(shipped within 1 week)
- approx 20 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Branching stems support the tapering spires of sky-blue, semi-double flowers, which rise from amongst mounds of rich green foliage. Cutting back the central flowerspike after it is past its best will encourage the smaller, lateral shoots to flourish.
Winner of an Royal Horticultural Society, Award of Garden Merit for reliability and good performance.
Part of the seed range produced by Mr Fothergill’s Seeds in partnership with the RHS.
- Garden care:Fill a seed tray with good compost, scatter the seed onto the surface and lightly cover with a little more compost. Water lightly and keep warm under glass until they are large enough to handle and pot on. Before planting out in early to midsummer, they will need to be hardened off gradually. They will usually flower in their second summer. Seeds that are sown later in the year should be kept in pots and over-wintered in a greenhouse or cold frame before being planted out in late spring.
- Sow: January-May
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 20 seeds.
- Harmful if eaten