Delphinium elatum Cinderella ('DD2011') (PBR)
- available to order from spring
- 9cm pot
- Standard £5.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Upright spikes of fully-petalled soft pink flowers rise above the leafy mounds in early summer. Ideal for cutting for the vase, or for adding vertical interest to the border, 'Cinderella' is also compact enough to be grown in large pots.
- Garden care: Stake with bamboo canes in mid-spring. During the growing season apply a balanced liquid fertiliser every 2-3 weeks and wearing gloves cut back the faded flower stems to a flowering side-shoot. At the end of autumn cut back and compost the faded flower stems.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten