Eventual height & spread
Dianthus 'Pink Shades'
10.5cm dianthus - delivered direct by a British nursery
- available to order from spring 2021
- 10 × 10.5cm pots
This perennial is semi-evergreen so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained, neutral to alkaline soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Please note: Once these bedding plants have been ordered, we are not able to cancel or amend the order.
A great way to add colour to pots, alpine beds, rockeries or front of border positions, this assorted collection of 10 dianthus will all produce pink coloured flowers through the summer. Grown in individual 10.5cm pots, these plants are ready to be planted out once all risk of hard frosts has passed.
- Garden care: Incorporate lots of well-rotted manure or garden compost into the planting hole. Apply a balanced fertiliser in spring and deadhead to prolong flowering.