angels fishing rod
- available to order from spring 2020
- 2 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Position: full sun
- Soil: humus-rich, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: June to August
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
A graceful, evergreen perennial, with arching stems of bell-shaped, pale pink to magenta or occasionally white flowers which seem to dangle above the clumps of grass-like foliage. The stems look delicate, but are actually very tough and appear to tremble in the breeze. Angel's fishing rod is perfect for introducing movement to a well-drained border in a sunny, sheltered site, or for overhanging water. Initially slow to establish, it looks particularly good with early autumn-flowering ornamental grasses. Unfortunately though, as it is quite deep rooted, it is not suitable for pots.
- Garden care: Water freely during the growing season, but avoid excessive winter wet. Cut away old foliage in early spring and if necessary lift and divide congested colonies at the same time.