- shipped within 2 weeks
- 9cm pot
- Next / named day
This perennial dies back to below ground level each year in autumn, then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: full sun to partial shade
- Soil: moist, well-drained garden soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Acting as a magnet to bees, the yellow, trumpet-shaped flowers that appear on the upright flowerspikes from early summer, add vertical movement to the planting scheme. Ideally suited to the woodland edge, they also make wonderful additions to the herbaceous border.
- Garden care: Ensure that the soil is kept moist in summer. After flowering cut back the flowered spikes to encourage more sideshoots. Cut down to the ground after flowering. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-ro tted organic matter around the plant in early spring.
These plants are short-lived perennials, although they will produce plenty of new side shoots and self-seed freely.
- CAUTION toxic if eaten