Digitalis purpurea f. albiflora
- Available in 4 weeks
- approx 1000 seeds
- Next / named day
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus rich soil
- Rate of Growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This pure white form of our native foxglove looks incredibly elegant when planted in drifts through a partially shaded border, or when used to illuminate the edge of a woodland garden. The majestic spikes of white, tubular flowers that appear in June and July are perfect for the back of the border, and will attract bees and other beneficial insects.
- Garden care:Lightly press the seed onto the surface of a well-watered seed compost in mid to late spring and keep in a cold frame. When large enough to handle, pot on into individual cells and once they have developed a decent basal rosette of foliage they can be hardened off before planting out. They will usually start to flower in their second year.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: June-July
- Approximate quantity: 1000 seeds.