Dracaena fragrans (Compacta Group) 'White Jewel' (PBR)
- sold out
- 32cm pot - 1.4m tall
- Position: prefers light shade, but close to a window
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 140cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 34cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
A relatively new cultivar, this one has quite distinctively striped rich green and white-striped leaves, that form around the upright stems. More tolerant of shady spots than many of the other houseplants, its slender silhouette also makes it a good choice where floor space is limited.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water well in the growing season, but less so in winter. Misting the leaves with water will help keep the humidity levels high, as well as keeping the leaves dust-free. Repot in spring every couple of years and keep temperatures above 10°C in winter.