areca palm or bamboo palm
(shipped within 1-2 working days)
- 21cm pot - 1m tall
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £14.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: slow growing
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 100cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 22cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
A graceful, attractive palm with closely growing upright stems and long arching linear leaves, that makes a handsome focal point for any room. Still one of the most popular houseplants and it’s easy to see why as it is so versatile and easy to look after.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water regularly through the growing season with soft water or rain water but let the surface of the soil dry out slightly before rewatering. Reduce watering through the winter months. These plants need humidity so mist the leaves regularly, or stand on a tray of damp pebbles. Although they like a warm atmosphere don't place it near a radiator or heat source, and choose a brightly lit spot but not in direct sun.