- available to order from autumn
- 12 litre pot
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Wonderful willowy, metallic silver leaves are accompanied by small clusters of mainly inconspicuous, but well-scented, yellow flowers in summer. This vigorous, deciduous shrub is ideal for a sunny border close to an entrance or well-used path, where it has space to develop its broadly pyramidal shape. It's particularly suitable for warm coastal gardens as it tolerates dry soil and salt-laden air.
- Garden care: In mid-summer after flowering cut back the flowered shoots to strong buds or young lower growth. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant after pruning.
Goes well with
available to order from late spring