Epimedium 'Amber Queen' (PBR)
(shipped in 5-7 working days)
- 9cm pot
- Next / named day
This perennial is semi-evergreen so it can lose some of its leaves in winter. In colder regions or more exposed gardens, it may lose them all, but then fresh new growth appears again in spring.
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Other features: the leaves are valuable for winter flower displays
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Wiry, branching, near-black stems carry nodding, spurred, orange-yellow flowers from early spring, above the neat clumps of semi-evergreen, heart-shaped foliage. Ideal for underplanting in a woodland setting, or for filling gaps at the front of a partially shaded border. Tough and easy to grow.
- Garden care: In early spring remove dead and damaged leaves before the flowers appear and apply a thick mulch of compost or well-rotted manure around the crown of the plant. Lift and divide large clumps in autumn.