- in stock
(shipped within 7 working days)
- 12cm pot - 15cm tall
- Next / named day
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Compost: specialist cacti compost
- Rate of growth: slow
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 15cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
We all wanted to keep this succulent when we first saw it, because it's so unique and interesting to look at. It forms long fishbone-like leaves, which initially are upright, but as the plant matures and the leaves become longer, they become more pendent and hang over the edges of the pot. A structural gem that's valued for its foliage, however it may also produce a few white flowers if the conditions are good. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Place it in a bright spot and in spring and summer, water when the compost gets dry, but make sure it never sits in excess water for any length of time. In autumn and winter cut back on the watering but do not let it dry out completely. Avoid a humid atmosphere (no bathrooms or steamy kitchens) and in the warmer months, open a window or door occasionally so it can enjoy the fresh air. Repot every year or two into a slightly larger pot using cacti compost.