devils ivy (syn Scindapsus )
- in stock
- 27cm pot - 1.5m tall
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
- Position: bright filtered or indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 150cm (including pot)
This decorative climber has glossy, rich green leaves that are variously splashed with yellow. Not only does it look good though, it has also been hailed as one of the best houseplants for filtering and purifying the air. It has been trained to grow around a moss pole so has an upright habit, however if the aerial roots (which develop along the stems) do not have something to attach themselves to, then they will start to cascade down. Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water relatively freely when in active growth, making sure the compost dries out in-between, but keep dryer in winter. Avoid draughts and mist the leaves regularly with water to increase humidity. Every so often put it under a cold shower to wash off the leaves and pinch out the growing tips to encourage bushier growth. Make sure the winter temperatures stay above 10°C and repot every couple of years.