Eventual height & spread
Epipremnum pinnatum Marble Planet ('PPIEPI003') (PBR)
devil’s ivy (syn. Scindapsus)
- available to order from late spring
- 14cm pot - 37cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Named Day £10.95
- Position: bright filtered or indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 37cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
A close relative of the ever-popular variegated devil’s ivy, this new form has heavily veined, marbled leaves. If you give this plant something to clamber up (like a moss pole), then you can grow it as a climber, otherwise its lax stems will cascade down, spilling over the edges of a shelf or windowsill.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Water relatively freely when in active growth, making sure the compost dries out in-between, but keep drier in winter. Avoid draughts and mist the leaves regularly with water to increase humidity. Every so often put it under a cold shower to wash off the leaves and pinch out the growing tips to encourage bushier growth. Make sure the winter temperatures stay above 10°C and repot every couple of years.
- Humans/Pets: Harmful if eaten; skin/eye irritant