- available to order from autumn
- 7 lt pot (1.5-18m)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: neutral to slightly acidic soil that doesn't dry out
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy (borderline)
Eucalyptus gunnii is fast growing and easy to care for. An outstanding specimen plant, it can be planted in a large garden and allowed to grow into a magnificent tree - or where space is more restricted, cut back hard and grown as a shrub. The young foliage is rounded, and greener in colour, while older leaves tend to be sickle-shaped and greyish green. Mature plants will also produce clusters of pretty white flowers in summer or autumn.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning if grown as a tree, but if grown as a shrub (or for the best juvenile foliage), cut back to two or three buds from the base in early spring. When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole, stake firmly and protect from cold, drying winds.