Euphorbia × martini
- available to order from autumn
- 9cm pot
- Position: full sun
- Soil: light, well-drained garden soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast growing
- Flowering period: March to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Upright, fleshy stems clothed in spring with handsome red-stained, mid-green leaves, followed by clusters of long-lasting, red-eyed, chartreuse-green flowers. This evergreen spurge looks equally good when not in flower. More compact than many of its sun-loving cousins, it's perfect for a small sunny border, gravel or coastal garden.
- Garden care: To promote new shoots remove flower heads in spring after they have flowered. When working with spurges always wear gloves since the milky sap is poisonous and a potential skin irritant.