Eventual height & spread
Fatsia japonica 'Spider's Web'
Japanese aralia ( syn. Fatsia Tsumugi-shibori )
- available to order from autumn
- 14cm pot - 35cm tall
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Hardiness: frost hardy
- Current height: approximately 35cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot covers: choose a 16cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot.
The foliage of this recently introduced fatsia look as though it has been dusted with icing sugar - with some leaves having had a more generous dusting than others! A stately plant, it will make an attractive addition to a cool room or conservatory where it will grow to a generous size over time.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a black plastic pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: Keep in a cool, bright and well ventilated room, ideally without central heating in winter. Water regularly during the growing season, and feed with general purpose fertiliser, but stop feeding and reduce watering during the winter. Mist the leaves with water regularly and re-pot using a good quality potting compost in spring.