Ficus elastica 'Abidjan'
- available to order from spring
- 27cm pot - 1.1m tall
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good potting compost
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 110cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose a 30cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
The large glossy leaves of this rubber plant are attractively flushed with burgundy-bronze. Not only do they look good, but they are also one of the best for filtering out impurities from the air, which makes them perfect for both the home and office.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery pot). They do however make excellent potted plants, and if you wish to pot yours up, we do have a wide range of pots on our website to choose from.
- Home care: These are easy plants to care for as long as you are careful with the watering. Only water once the compost is dry to the touch, and make sure that the plant isn't left standing in water. You can mist the leaves during the summer to increase the humidity. Occasionally wash the leaves with a damp sponge or cloth to keep the foliage glossy. Try to maintain an average temperature no lower than 12°C in the winter, and avoid any sudden drops in the temperature and cold draughts.