Ficus elastica 'Robusta'
(shipped within 2-3 working days)
- 13cm pot - 35cm tall
- Standard £5.95
- Named day £10.95
- Position: bright but indirect light
- Soil: good quality house plant compost
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Hardiness: tender (indoors only)
- Current height: approximately 35cm (+ or - 10% including the pot)
- Pot cover: choose an 14cm pot cover to give a good fit over the pot
From the ornamental fig family, the rubber plant has been a popular houseplant since Victorian times, but now there are newer and better varieties like this form with larger and wider glossy leaves. Although we recommend that it is grown in bright but indirect light, rubber plants will tolerate a couple of hours of morning sunshine.
Please note that the pot in the photograph is not supplied with the plant (which is sent out in a simple nursery alternative), but we have a wide and wonderful range on our website to choose from.
- Home care: These are easy plants to care for as long as you are careful with the watering. Only water once the compost is dry to the touch, and make sure that the plant isn't left standing in water. You can mist the leaves during the summer to increase the humidity. Occasionally wash the leaves with a damp sponge or cloth to keep the foliage glossy. Try to maintain an average temperature no lower than 12°C in the winter, and avoid any sudden drops in the temperature and cold draughts.