Forsythia × intermedia 'Goldrausch'
- within 2 weeks
- 3 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Forsythias are one of the most striking plants in the spring garden when their bare branches are smothered with bloom. 'Goldrausch' stands out from the rest with its abundance of larger than average flowers. It is a must-have for early colour in the shrub border and is also good for hedging, or training flat against a wall if space is tight. Reliable and easy to grow, but this deciduous shrub will not disappoint with its impressive display.
- Garden care: After flowering has finished, prune out one or two old main stems at the base. Thin out crowded shoots from the centre and cut back flowered shoots to a strong bud.