Forsythia × intermedia 'Mikador' (PBR)
- in stock
- 3 litre pot
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Forsythias are some of the showiest stars in the early spring garden, and this relatively new form is no exception. What makes 'Mikador' stand out however, is its compact, bushy habit, which makes it ideal for patios as well as borders, and its ability to put on an exceptional display with its bright yellow blooms.
- Garden care: After flowering has finished, prune out one or two old main stems at the base. Thin out crowded shoots from the centre and cut back flowered shoots to a strong bud.