Forsythia × intermedia Week End ('Courtalyn') (PBR)
- in stock
- 12lt pot (0.8-1m)
- Standard £4.95
- Next / named day £6.95
This shrub is deciduous so it will lose all its leaves in autumn, then fresh new foliage appears again each spring.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A splendid, medium sized deciduous shrub with mid- to dark green foliage. Masses of rich yellow, four petalled flowers smother the branches in spring. Excellent for covering walls, fits nicely into shrub borders and can be used as a specimen shrub. This plant can also be used for hedging.
- Garden care: After flowering has finished, prune out one or two old main stems at the base. Thin out crowded shoots from the centre and cut back flowered shoots to a strong bud