Fragrant Freesia collection
- 2+1 FREE collections
- 1 collection
- Standard £4.95
Buy the collection of 3 Freesias (60 corms - 20 of each variety) for £9.99 or buy 2 collections for £19.98 and get another collection FREE
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil or loam-based potting compost such as John Innes No2
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to July
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: excellent cut-flowers
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need winter protection)
A bit of a challenge to grow (but well worth the effort), these cottage garden favourites produce sprays of fragrant, funnel-shaped flowers at the ends of arching, branched stems in summer. A favourite with the florists, they look superb planted in a mix border or just en masse in patio pots.
Freesia 'White': Grows to 25cm.
Freesia 'Golden Yellow': Grows to 25cm.
Freesia 'Blue Moon': Grows to 25cm.
- Garden care: In spring, plant 8cm (3in) deep in soil in full sun. After flower buds appear, water regularly and feed with a liquid fertiliser every week. After flowering, reduce the watering until the corms are dry, then store in a frost-free place until planting for next year.